Albacore and Shrimp Beignets
- 3 cups albacore tuna, hand chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp meat, hand chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon rushed fennel seeds
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix the tuna, shrimp, mint, and crushed fennel seeds.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine the milk and eggs in mixing bowl, and stir in the tuna and shrimp.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into 370 degree F hot oil. Cook until browned and done on the inside, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Adapted from the Oregon Albacore Commission.