Fresh sardines are often overlooked, yet become a quick and tasty meal when grilled.
Grilled Sardines with Roasted Peppers and Pearl Onions
- Fresh sardines - scaled and dressed
- Roasted red peppers, seeded and skins removed
- Grilled pearl onions
- Roasted garlic
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Salt (sea and plain) and pepper
- Lightly oil the grill. Lightly brush or rub oil on the sardines. Grill until the fish tests done and meat flakes easily.
- Toss some pearl onions with some oil, salt and pepper, and grill until softened.
- Slice the roasted peppers into strips, and place in the center of the plate. Add grilled onions and cloves of roasted garlic.
- Top with the grilled sardines, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper, and drizzle with little olive oil. Serve.