A sauce perfect for any pasta. This recipe uses a whole, steamed lobster. View a tutorial on the best way to remove meat from a lobster to brush up on the method.
Lobster Cream Sauce with Maine Lobster
- 1 lobster
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the lobster. Remove the meat from the tails and claws; chop. Reserve the meat and the shells separately.
- Heat a stock pot over medium high heat and add in the olive oil. Cook the fennel and onion until lightly browned, and then add in the garlic. Cook for a minute more.
- Add in the lobster shells and cook for another minute. Add in the fish stock or clam juice and the brandy. Stir everything well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer slowly until the liquid has been reduced by half.
- Strain the liquid into a new saucepan, pressing down on the shells to extract as much liquid as possible from them.
- Add in the cream and tomato paste, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and reduce until the liquid has been reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the reserved chopped steamed lobster. Serve.