Looking for fish recipe prepared using your slowcooker? Then try this one – Slow Cooker Halibut with Vegetable Stew and Oven Roasted Tomatoes.
This calls for halibut, but any thick flake white fish works, such as wahoo. For really busy nights, use canned fire roasted tomatoes.
Slow Cooker Halibut with Vegetable Stew and Oven Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into 1 inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 14 or 15 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound halibut fillets, cut into large chunks
- Fresh parsley and oregano for garnish
- For homemade oven roasted tomatoes, cut tomatoes in half. Place half side down on an oiled baking sheet. Broil until the tomatoes are blackened and the skins have charred. Remove from the oven, and let cool until they have cooled down enough to handle. Remove the skins and chop. Add this to the slow cooker. Omit this step if using canned tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes and next 9 ingredients into a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Place the halibut on top and cook on low for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and oregano.