Angels on Horseback
The classic bacon-wrapped oyster appetizer.
- 1 pint oysters
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Drain oysters. Cut each bacon strip in half.
- Place one oyster on a half strip of bacon. Sprinkle with a little of each seasoning, and some of the chopped parsley. Roll the bacon around the oyster and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a sheet pan, and bake in a very hot oven, 450 degrees F, for about 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and oyster is done.
- Remove toothpicks before serving, and serve immediately.